Photos: Middle aged woman electrocuted in Lagos


A middle aged woman identified as Mrs Okanlawon Florence was today electrocuted in her residence at Shokoya Close off Dapson Street, Oke Ira Ojodu LCDA  Lagos state. According to reports, the woman died while attempting to turn off her refrigerator following a fire outbreak from a PHCN transformer close to her house.The deceased’s 14 year old daughter identified asOkanlawon Taiwo was also affected by the fire from the transformer and is currently receiving medical attention at the General Hopital Ifako Ijaye.It was gathered that the electrocuted woman diedas a result of severe burns sustained.Preliminary report gathered by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA showed that the fire emanated from a high voltage 25kva transformer ( a 4 building mini transformer) which affected four buildings namely , House number 4, 7, 9a & 9b whose power supply emanate from the transformer .However, the fire was quickly put out by combined effort of bystanders and emergency response team from the state.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Photos: Middle aged woman electrocuted in Lagos

  1. Yes. Some low/no coetnctiviny situations do weird things with our app. This is one of the fixes in the next test version of our app: this is the same fix that will also help people with Internet hotspots.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s